Find out how your business can benefit from our customisable software system which can run all your business applications in one platform.
Network Rail needed an experienced software development firm that could help redevelop the current Glasgow Central Tours booking system. The old system was not performing well with Network Rail staff facing huge amounts of repetitive daily work just to complete simple tasks. Also, website visitors were put off by the site’s lack of responsiveness. Network Rail also needed the existing data to be securely uploaded to the new system we were going to develop.
After the initial discussion with the Glasgow Central Tours team, we designed a series of wireframes to better help both parties understand the design requirements. Also, our analysts work on designing a bespoke booking system that would run on our ThunderBolt platform. Tentacle also had to "bolt" on our CMS and CRM systems which were essential for the staff to be able to run the entire day to day operations on their own. Finally, Tentacle and Network Rail allocated 2 days for staff training.
Tentacle designed a stunning responsive website for the Glasgow Tours team. We also developed a standalone Admin system for the staff to run the site on their own. The solution we delivered was:
- a standalone interactive website that allowed members of the public to book tours. This was driven by data that was administered by the Network Rail staff via their CMS portal
- an integrated website to show the tours available as well as company information, news and blogs
- an administration portal with ThunderBolt’s CRM and CMS applications
- impressively responsive navigation and fluid and responsive design that could adapt on all devices to their core screen resolutions
- all historical data was present on the system from the LIVE date
Site looks good and this will make our lives a lot easier.